Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Iron Sharpens Iron

A sword will naturally wear when used often in battles; dulling the edge as it cuts through weapons, armor, flesh and bone. Similarly, a blade will become blunt and dull if used merely to smash objects for no good reason at all. In both circumstances, the blade's purpose is made sound if used and cared for properly. After all, when the time for battle comes, one's blade should be made ready for war.


"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17) or in my case today, a God fearing woman sharpened my sights on something I failed to see for myself. Were it not for her boldness to approach God intently with prayer and confront me with the truth, the iron of my soul would have otherwise remained blunt and ineffective for the throes of war.

Fortunately, strong Christian community serves much like an armory for repairing and preparing weapons and armor for the war on spiritual darkness. I thank the LORD that my sister in Christ was able to see the weakness in my spiritual armor today and was willing to point out the defects in my defenses so that I might tend to them before marching into battle to face the enemy. Thank you Lord for my sister, thank you Lord for the Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment