Sunday, February 13, 2011

Evil meant for Good?

In Genesis 50:20 we read of Joseph's conclusion over his life of misery ending in a greater good. Today I thought about how so many things which appear to be wrong or evil in our lives, are pieces of something which benefit us for a greater good.

Today someone did something selfish, thereby forcing me to be considerably delayed. In all the time I could have spent complaining about the selfishness of this person, I had time to consider his actions as a flag to pray for him. Whats more, God revealed to me that the amount of time I had to wait for the situation to resolve itself, I may have in-fact been protected from finding myself in a horrible traffic accident. Whats more, I found a great opportunity to minister to the children who were in my company about the beauty of patience and how God sometimes tests us to see where our faith lies in Him.

So, in the end what might have been a small act of evil, had consequently produced a multiplied opportunity and blessing of good. Only a God as Great as the LORD can reveal such hidden beauty in the tragedies of our everyday lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment