Friday, May 15, 2015

My Short List of Values

Who am I in a nutshell?

First and foremost I am a Bible-believing born-again Christian called by God into service of the Salvation Army. I have strong conservative values; believing that if one expects to live a satisfying life he should expect to work hard and contribute to the welfare of society so long as he is able. 

I believe human life is a gift of God and should be protected at all costs. I believe abortion is the murder of an innocent human life. I believe a woman's rights end where another person's begin, no matter how small and helpless they may be.

I believe in human dignity; that there are universal principles and standards of attitude and conduct to which all should aim to live by. I have little sympathy for quitters except the prayer that they might get up and try again. 

I believe God created marriage as it is designed and defined as the life-long monogamous relationship between one man and one woman in holy matrimony. Human sexuality is reserved exclusively for this union. This serves as the governing head of the family; parents provided for the care and discipline of their children through all chapters of their life (infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood). Any other sexual deviation outside of this paradigm is an abomination because it is an assault on both God and the living order of mankind.

I believe in free speech and the sanity that humanity should not lose its head every time someone may say or do something offensive. Political correctness is a device that only breeds never-ending laws of control, consequently robbing mankind of any and all liberties. 

I believe in limited government because power corrupts naturally and absolute power corrupts absolutely. How many chapters of human history have told the story of man endowed with so much power that it forces humanity into suffering? Government must be limited lest it destroy the lives of those it is intended to govern.

I believe every person has a right to protect themselves and those they love. The world is ripe with evil and has been since the dawn of creation. Again this comes from the conviction that human life is precious and must be protected at all costs. A man must be able to defend the lives of those precious to him in the event those lives become threatened. 

I believe in justice, law and order. Although it would appear there is little evidence of it left in this world, I believe that humanity is not beyond the hope of doing what is right when it comes to punishing criminal behavior and securing safety for the community.

I am a man of Faith, Family, and Civility. None of these passions were borne out of ease, but rather out of much heartache, hardship and humility. It has taken me a great deal of learning and surrender to virtues far above me. Nevertheless these are now what I hold dearest to my heart, mind, body and soul. Many may agree with me. Perhaps many more will disagree and even hate me for these values. Whatever the case may be, I believe they are well worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment